Fear Looms in Nwa as Night Attack Leaves Several Homeless

Homes burned down by the attackers in Mbat Village in Nwa Sub Division

By Etienne Nfor Liboh

Residents of Mbat Village in Nwa Sub-division, Donga-Mantung Division of the Northwest Region of Cameroon are living in fear following a night attack on 14 February that left many homeless and others hiding in nearby bushes for safety.

According to information gathered from local sources, the assailants stormed the village at nightfall, positioning themselves at various entry points. Their movements were reportedly noticed by a vigilant villager who quickly raised the alarm, an action that is said to have saved lives. However, it was not enough to save property.

As panic spread, residents fled from Upper Mbat to Lower Mbat in search of safety. The attackers allegedly set Upper Mbat ablaze before advancing to Lower Mbat, where more houses were burnt. Helpless families were forced to escape into the surrounding bushes under cover of darkness.

As of press time, both Upper and Lower Mbat had reportedly been reduced to ashes. Men, women, children and elderly residents are said to be hiding in nearby forests without food, shelter or medical assistance.

This incident marks the third reported attack on Mbat Village. Members of the local population are questioning why the government and other stakeholders have not intervened more decisively to protect them. At the time of filing this report, no official statement had been issued by the administration regarding measures taken to secure the area or assist affected residents.

Concerned voices are now calling for the urgent reinforcement of security in the locality. Residents have suggested the deployment of additional military personnel and the establishment of border security posts to prevent further incursions and safeguard vulnerable communities.

As residents remain displaced and fearful, many say Nwa is bleeding and in urgent need of protection and humanitarian support.

 

Related posts

Massive Youth Day Turnout in Buea Mirrors Return To Normalcy — Governor

REMAPSEN Urges African Media to Lead the Charge against Neglected Tropical Diseases

NEW HORIZONS IN HIGHER EDUCATION: RHIAM ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL LAUNCH FOR FEBRUARY 7 2026* A new era for professional education in Cameroon is on the horizon as the Rainbow Higher